AS3201 is a thermal barrier coating designed for aerospace applications that require exceptional durability under harsh conditions. The coating is fully inorganic and offers superior abrasion resistance, full resistance to solvents, and protects against corrosion. AS3201 does not erode (chalk) or ablate following scorch testing, salt spray, or other accelerated aging tests. In the wet state, the product provides a conformal coating onto large complex surfaces and can be used to coat polymers, metal, ceramics, glasses and composite materials. The coating can be cured at room temperature with the addition of a curative, or at higher temperatures without.
- Temperature resistant to 1,200°C.
- Will not erode or ablate with solvent rub.
- Smooth surface finish – not chalky.
- Exceptional outgassing properties.
- Consistent deposition onto complex surfaces with or without primer (Depending on substrate) using spray or roll deposition.
- Good adhesion to polymers, metals, ceramics, glasses, and composites.
- No ablation following scorch testing and salt spray.
- Resistant to acidic and alkaline solutions.
- Cures at room temperature in 24 hours or 20 minutes at 80°C.